- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated by admin.
- 04/03/2021 at 13:43 #4933adminAdminAuthor
- Posts 180
We are happy to announce CyclingMonks’ association with AdvenThrill for their ‘Foothills MTB Challenge’ in April.
This is a hill climb mountain bike race which starts in Dehradun.
The race is conducted by AdvenThrill, a Dehradun based adventure organiser. They specialise in treks and bicycle tours. They also organise bicycle races and have been doing so for the last couple of years.
The Foothills MTB Challenge will be held on the 14th of April 2021 in memory of Tanishk Chaudhary. Tanishk was a young dynamic talent from the city who tragically lost his life in a road collision.
The best way to remember a racer is to race in their name and this is what the cycling community of Dehradun hopes to do on the 14th.
This hill climb race is open only for MTBs and sees you climb around 600 metres in 21 km on broken gravel roads.
The route passes through scenic Garhwal hills, along less used roads and makes for an excellent challenge for cyclists of the city and even outside.
For outstation cyclists, Dehradun is a lovely place to pitch camp and go riding around the surrounding hills. Before and after the race.
You can Register for the race on this link: https://forms.gle/EiRGnJh4o83DYyyy5
More information about the race can be found below…
Foothills MTB Challenge
Foothills MTB Challenge in the memory of our very young and talented cyclist Late Master. Tanishk Chaudhary
Time is still tough, but our enthusiasm to lead the hills is increasing day by day.
Let’s conquer the hills, and get ready for a tough uphill race at Curves of Kimadi to climb at Rikholi, Uttarakhand, as #Adventhrill brings you all, a much awaited cycle race in the hills of Uttarakhand.
So, all you passionate racers, are you excited to enjoy the thrill??
Come join us…
Date: 14th April 2021, Wednesday
Registrations open upto: 14th March 2021
The fast time of your life begins!!!
25 KM (Only Mountain Bike Allowed)
14-20 years (juniors)
20-30 years (Elite)
30-45 years (masters)
45-60 years (Seniors)
60+ (Sr. citizens)
25+ (Open category)
INR 1000/- RACE REGISTRATION
Rewards & Facilities: Adventhrill’s merchandise, medal, bibs, certificate, water & energy drink enroute, post event refreshment, photography and videography, ambulance, necessary arrangements for COVID-19 prescribed by state government, backup vehicle, thermal scanning, hand wash/ sanitizer.
10,000 (14-20 years boys )
10,000 ( 14-25 years girls)
Cycling jersey for all the participant’s
Winners trophies for all categories winners
Finisher medal for all the finishers
Reporting Time: 5:30 AM
Flag Off: 6:00 AM
Cut Off Time: 2:00 Hours for podium finishers & rest finishers will get medals and certificates.
Top 3 positions in each category will get the Foothill’s MTB Challenge Trophy.
- Route of the Race
(Starting from) Supply chowk (Garhi cantt.) > Supply Bridge > Gaziawala > Purukul Gaon Road> Kimadi > Rikholi Nag Deveta Mandir ground (Finishing Point)Venue
Supply Chowk, Garhi cantt. DehradunContacts
- Water points on race route
- Energy drinks on race route
- Refreshment for all participants
- Marshals on race route
- Volunteers support
- Supporting pick-up utility (in case of any breakdown in cycle)
- Participation certificates for all
- Medal for all finishers
- BIB’s for all participants
- Foothill’s MTB Challenge Trophies for Winners (First, Second, Third) in all category (Male/Female)
- Event photographs and videos.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The registration fee is non refundable in case cyclist take out his/her name out of race.
- Only MTB allowed, Road or Hybrid Cycles are not allowed.
- Cyclists must carry any ID proof
- Every Cyclist must carry their safety gears
- Cyclist are advised to carry their own puncture kit, pump etc
- Helmet is compulsory for all cyclists, No Helmet, No ride
- Cyclists without helmet will be disqualified from the race
- Racers must be physically fit to ride the cycle on hilly area
- Cyclists must be mentally fit to ride the cycle on hilly area
- It is advised to carry some cash with them in case of any emergency.
- Cyclists are requested to report half an hour before the flag-off time
- The cut-off time of race is 2 hour
- Before race cyclist must ensure that their cycles are in good running condition
- No cycle repair support will be provided by organizers
- In case of any issue with cycle, we will drop the cycle at finishing point
- Please ensure your and co-cyclists safety on road.
- Pictures will be uploaded on our face-book page after 2 days of the event
- All the pictures and videos taken during the entire event will be the property of Adventhrill
- If someone is hurt or facing any difficulty please inform the marshal/volunteer or officials on the route with his/her BIB number.
Event Cancellation due to Covid related restrictions .
In an unfortunate event that we might have to cancel the event due to government restrictions to contain spread of covid we would like to give the participants the following options to carryover their registration
- Automatic entry to next set up date for the event
- Opt -out of event . In this case we will be refunding 50% of registration fees to you.
- Issuance of credit note which can be used against future Adventhrill events or merchandise
Images from AdvenThrill’s previous races12/03/2021 at 18:29 #5070adminAdminAuthor
- Posts 180
Updates from the Foothills MTB Challenge 2021…
Cash prizes are now up. Yay! The cash prizes are being given to the youngsters, so that they can use it to fund their racing dreams…
Support from the champ from Maharashtra, Vitthal Bhosle, for the race…
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.